Satellite Images Show Bodies in Bucha for Weeks, Rebutting Moscow Claim


Satellite revealed pictures by the US agency Maxar Technologies, and the evaluation of pictures taken by AFP, rebut Russian assertions that useless our bodies in civilian clothes present in Bucha had appeared thereafter Russian forces retreated from the devastated Ukrainian city.

Since its February 24 invasion of Ukraine, Russia has confronted each fierce resistance from Kyiv’s forces and rising allegations it has carried out warfare crimes and crimes in opposition to humanity, it denies.

Mid-March satellite tv for pc imagery of a Bucha avenue seems to point out a number of our bodies of civilians mendacity useless in or simply off the roadway the place Ukrainian officers just lately mentioned they discovered a number of corpses after Russian troops withdrew.

The Ukrainian military retook the city of Bucha, northwest of Kyiv, solely a number of days in the past and Kyiv mentioned on the weekend it had discovered quite a few our bodies following the Russian pullout.

“High-resolution Maxar satellite tv for pc imagery collected over Bucha, Ukraine, (northwest of Kyiv) verifies and corroborates current social media movies and pictures that reveal our bodies mendacity within the streets and disregarded within the open for weeks,” Maxar Technologies Stephen Wood said in a statement on Monday.

The New York Times published an analysis of close-ups of Bucha’s Yablonska Street, and concluded — after comparing it with video footage from April 1 and 2 of dead bodies along the street — that many had been there since at least three weeks ago, when Russian forces were in control of the town.

‘Information warfare machine’

Corroborating the New York Times analysis, AFP also tallied these satellite images with those taken by an AFP team on Saturday, when it saw the corpses of at least 22 people dressed in civilian clothing.

A number of bodies present on a satellite image, provided by Maxar and dated March 19, appear in the same position and in the same place as in the AFP photos, which were taken two weeks later.

On Monday, Kremlin category Peskov found all the allegations found by experts, saying that Russian defense ministry experts had signs that the images presented by the Ukrainian authorities to show there had been a massacre were fake.

Russia’s defense ministry said that all its units “withdrew completely from Bucha as early as March 30″.

The denial was repeated in New York by Vassily Nebenzia, the Russian ambassador to the UN, who informed a press convention the corpses pictured in Bucha weren’t there earlier than Russian troops left town.

“Suddenly they seem on the streets mendacity on the street, one after the other, left and proper. Some of them are transferring, a few of them exhibiting the indicators of life,” he said, claiming the scenes were “organized by the Ukrainian info, info warfare machine”.

However, an analysis of images published on social media, as well as AFP’s photos and accounts of its journalists on the scene, rebut this version of events.

On its Telegram account, the Russian defense ministry said it saw two bodies move, based on video filmed on Yablonska Street and posted online on April 2.

However, an AFP team on the scene on April 3 photographed these two immobile bodies in exactly the same place and the same position as on the video.

During a visit to Bucha on Monday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Moscow of war crimes and genocide after the discovery of scores of bodies in the area.

“You stand here today and see what happened. We know that thousands of people have been killed and tortured with extremities cut off, women raped, children killed,” he informed reporters, sporting a bullet-proof vest and accompanied by navy personnel.

Read all of the Latest News , Breaking News and IPL 2022 Live Updates right here.



Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.