The largest nightmare if you’re touring overseas is to lose your telephone, pockets or passport, A passport is crucial doc you carry whereas touring overseas. It is a authorities approved doc that ensures international authorities that you’re an Indian Citizen.
Here is a step-by-step information to what you want to do…
1. File a police criticism Once you understand you might have misplaced your passport or it has been stolen, you must go to the closest police station and file a criticism.
Make positive to gather a replica of the report as a result of it serves as a proof of lack of your passport. Also, a police report helps you with embassy-related formalities like making use of for a brand new passport or an emergency certificates.
2. Contact the closest Indian Embassy or ConsulateThe The subsequent important step is to go to or contact the closest Indian embassy or consulate. Indian embassies overseas are there to assist residents who’re caught overseas or going through any downside resembling a misplaced passport.
Find the embassy closest right here
3. Apply for a brand new passport or an Emergency CertificateYou have two choices – you may both apply for a brand new passport or get an emergency certificates. If you determine to use for a brand new passport, you’ll have to await minimal per week to get the brand new passport.
Duplicate passports will not be issued. However, a brand new passport with totally different passport quantity could also be issued with recent validity.
Documents you want to apply for a brand new passport
- Proof of Present Address
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Affidavit explaining how and the place the passport bought misplaced/broken (Annexure ‘F’)
- Police report in authentic
- Self-attested photocopy of first two and final two pages, together with ECR/Non-ECR web page of previous passport, if out there.
- Original EC/Seizure Memo
Photocopy of your previous passport will not be a compulsory doc to be submitted in case of misplaced/broken/stolen passport.
But you’ll be required to supply, the earlier passport particulars like passport quantity, Date of difficulty, Date of expiry and place of difficulty, whereas filling the passport utility type.
If you may’t await per week, apply for an Emergency Certificate. This journey doc can be utilized as soon as to authorize journey of an Indian citizen who has misplaced their passport, to return to India.
The paperwork you want to apply for an Emergency Certificate are
- Copy of misplaced passport (either side)
- Copy of police report
- Passport measurement pictures
- Application for submitting an EAP-2 type
No matter which choice you select, you may should get your visa stamped once more.
4. Apply for re-issue of visaIf you lose your passport whereas touring overseas, additionally, you will find yourself dropping any visa you may need.
You can get your visa again by visiting the respective nation’s embassy that issued your visa within the first place. You will want a replica of your previous visa and the police report filed.
You can even want your new substitute passport and/or Emergency Certificate.
5. Reschedule your flight and declare journey insurance coverage It is perhaps inconceivable so that you can catch your scheduled flight if you do not have sufficient time to do the above steps and get your journey paperwork in place.
Check for options and join with the airline for doable options.
Even although journey insurance coverage isnt necessary for all visas, it’s extremely suggested to get your self coated over the course of your journey.
When you lose your passport, contact your journey insurance coverage supplier on the earliest and inform them in regards to the case. Keep the Police Report and receipts associated to bills incurred because of passport loss helpful.