New Delhi: The head monk of Tibetan Buddhism, 14th Dalai Lama turned 87 years outdated on Wednesday (July 6). Although he describes himself humbly as a easy Buddhist monk, he’s revered because the non secular chief of Tibet. He was born in Takster, Amdo in north-eastern Tibet on July 6, 1935. promise to return to this planet with the intention to assist humanity.
Take a take a look at a few of his well-liked quotes that may change your perspective on life:
- “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”
- “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”
- “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
- “All suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their own happiness or satisfaction”
- “A truly compassionate attitude toward others does not change even if they behave negatively or hurt you.”
- “When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways–either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.”
- “This is my easy faith. No want for temples. No want for classy philosophy. Your personal thoughts, your individual coronary heart is the temple. Your philosophy is easy kindness.”
- “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
- “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
- “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
The 14th Dalai Lama, a person of peace, obtained the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989 for his nonviolent marketing campaign to liberate Tibet. Even within the face of overwhelming antagonism, he has repeatedly supported non-violent insurance policies. He additionally made historical past as the primary Nobel laureate to get recognition for his curiosity in environmental points on a worldwide scale.
Dalai Lama has traveled to greater than 67 nations to unfold his huge information on peace, non-violence and compassion. He has earned greater than 150 accolades, honorary doctorates, prizes, and so on. Additionally, he has written or collaborated on greater than 110 books.