Bank Holidays August 2022: The month of August goes to see 13 financial institution holidays. Check the events right here. However, on-line or internet banking will stay operative.
Bank Holidays August 2022: Banks will stay closed for 13 days within the month of August because of festivals and different events might it’s state particular or nationwide. It will be famous that these 13 days of financial institution holidays in August don’t embody second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays. While together with second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays, the month of August will see 18 offs. Also, know that on-line or web banking will stay operative 24×7. It will be recognized that the checklist of financial institution holidays is launched by the Reserve Bank of India on its official web site.
Banking actions like depositing cash, updating passbook, transferring quantity and far more requires you to go to your nearest financial institution department. Therefore, making it necessary so that you can know in regards to the days when the financial institution will stay shut. As per the knowledge supplied by the RBI, the financial institution holidays in June fall beneath three categories- Holiday beneath Negotiable Instruments Act; Holiday beneath Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday; and Banks’ Closing of Accounts. If you’ve got any deliberate financial institution associated work to be accomplished in August, you’ll be able to verify the vacation checklist right here.
Bank Holidays in August 2022
1. August 1, 2022: Banks will stay closed solely in Gangtok as a result of event of Drukpa Tshe-zi.
2. August 8, 2022: Banking operations will stay shut in Jammu and Srinagar because of Muharram (Ashora).
3. August 9, 2022: Banks will stay closed in most elements of the nation because of Muharram (Ashura) aside from in Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Jammu, Kochi, Panaji, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, and Thiruvananthapuram.
4. August 11, 2022: Due to the event of Raksha Bandhan, banking operations will stay shut in Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Dehradun, Jaipur, and Shimla.
5. August 12, 2022: Banks will stay closed in Kanpur and Lucknow as a result of celebration of Raksha Bandhan.
6. August 13, 2022: Banks solely in Imphal will stay shut on August 13 on the event of Patriot’s Day.
7. August 15, 2022: On the event of Independence Day, banking operations will stay halted in all elements of the nation.
8. August 16, 2022: Banks in Belapur, Mumbai, and Nagpur will stay shut on August 16 because of Parsi New Year (Shahenshahi).
9. August 18, 2022: Due to Janmashtami, banks will stay closed in Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Kanpur, and Lucknow.
10. August 19, 2022: Banks will stay closed in Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gangtok, Jaipur, Jammu, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, and Srinagar because of Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Krishna Jayanthi.
11. August 20, 2022: Banks will stay shut in Hyderabad on August 20 because of Sri Krishna Ashtami.
12. August 29, 2022: Due to the event of Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva, banks will stay closed in Guwahati.
13: August 31, 2022: Bank in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Panaji because of Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Ganesh Chaturthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata/Vinayakar Chaturthi.
Apart from the above-mentioned dates, the banks will even stay shut on August 13, 2022, and August 27, 2022, because of second and fourth Saturdays and on August 7, 14, 21, and 28 due to Sundays.